When creating an eCommerce site on WordPress, the WooCommerce plugin is the most popular solution.
Woocommerce is free and easy to install, it is a highly customizable solution that allows you to add all the features to your website in order to sell your products or services online.
But Woocommerce would be nothing (well almost nothing) without the huge amount of extensions available to add even more features and customizations.
If many plugins are paid, there are however a large number of free plugins for Woocommerce that will allow you to improve your eCommerce site for not a penny!
Here is a selection of the best free WooCommerce plugins, there’s something for everyone, and we’re sure you’ll find what you’re looking for.
What Is A WordPress Plugin?
A plugin or “extension” or even “module” works as an application on your smartphone. Need a new feature? You download a new application on your smartphone.
What is a WordPress plugin? It’s exactly the same. When you need to add functionality to your WordPress website, you will install a plugin.
There are millions of them, free or premium in all categories. Most can be downloaded directly in the WordPress back office in “Extensions” – “Plugins”.
To create an eCommerce store WordPress with WooCommerce is the perfect solution.
Woocommerce is a plugin with very specific features, relatively heavy and demanding in resources. Adding additional plugins to it will only make the problem worse.
So here are two important tips to consider before adding plugins.
Use A Configuration Dedicated To Your Woocommerce Site
If you already have a website, or blog, and want to add an online store, we advise you to install at least Woocommerce on a subdomain, a database, and a dedicated WordPress.
Pay attention to the quality of your hosting, and its performance (CPU, RAM, Disk space).
Utilize A Woocommerce-compatible Theme.
It should be done first. We do not recommend installing the WooCommerce plugin on a WordPress theme that is incompatible with it.
When there are hundreds of excellent Woocommerce-compatible themes available, you won’t have any trouble configuring your eCommerce website.
What Are The 10 Best Free Woocommerce Plugins In 2022?
WooCommerce plugins and extensions may add an almost limitless amount of functionality to your business. After you’ve created a basic store, you can simply modify it to your preferences by installing a few plugins.
Let’s get straight to the heart of the matter, namely our Top 10 of the best free WordPress plugins.
Dokan is the top Marketplace Builder Plugin for WordPress powered by WooCommerce.
With Dokan, you can turn your single WooCommerce store into a multi-vendor marketplace in minutes.
With over 20,000 active marketplaces around the world, now is the time to empower the entrepreneurial community with expanded features and functionality.
Dokan has made it easy for anyone to start an eCommerce marketplace by creating a website to manage everything he/she needs to succeed.
Dokan offers each provider special store management. This allows your provider to manage their branches themselves.
With Dokan you can easily create a website like Amazon and add countless suppliers and brands at no cost.
Now it’s time for you to make a decision and start your dream journey with Dokan!
Features That free Dokan Includes:
- Vendor management
- Management of product inventory
- Offer coupon and discount code
- Manage customer reviews
- Manage withdrawals from vendors
- Compatible with almost any WooCommerce theme
- Serve many markets with multi-language option
It is a highly flexible invoice plugin for WooCommerce. WooCommerce PDF Invoices & Packing Slips is perhaps the first free plugin to install for your eCommerce.
The plugin allows the edition of the invoice in PDF format which will be attached to the order confirmation email that you will send to your customers.
You can use an existing template or create your own templates. The plugin also allows users to download and print invoices and packing slips from the WooCommerce admin.
Features That WooCommerce PDF Invoices & Packing Slips Includes:
- It offers translation as well as a number of language choices.
- Along with the item’s price, the tax rate is displayed on the PDF invoice.
- With the help of this plugin, the order confirmation email automatically inserts pdf bills.
- It allows you to create PDF invoices and packing slips in bulk.
- You can add personalized templates in addition to the built-in ones.
- You can add your logo and other necessary graphics with this tool.
#3: Rank Math SEO
This plugin is a must-have for any eCommerce entrepreneur who cares about SEO.
It’s designed to improve all the necessary aspects of your store’s SEO — and we don’t need to explain why it’s so important for eCommerce sites.
The plugin performs thorough content and SEO analysis to create more SEO-friendly texts. Rank math SEO is great for working with focus keywords.
It will automatically check if your articles and meta tags contain your focus keyword.
You can preview the snippet to see how the webpage will look in search results.
Rank math SEO allows you to optimize your site structure using cornerstone content options and internal linking features.
You can also set canonical URLs to avoid duplicate content and forget Google penalties.
Also, the plugin has a total of three paid upgrades: Pro, Business, and Agency.
Features That Rank Math SEO Includes:
- Lots of handy SEO features
- This plugin holds a clear and user-friendly structure.
- It displays Google Index Status
- You can get Google keyword suggestions
- Free Content AI Credits
- In-depth SEO Analysis
YITH WooCommerce Wishlist is a tool that will appeal to those who have online stores offering a large number of products.
The plugin is free and offers the possibility of adding products to a “Wishlist”, a list of “wishes” to which the customer can return later to validate his purchases.
The customer can also share his list to give his family or friends gift ideas for Christmas, birthdays or weddings, etc.
Features That YITH WooCommerce Wishlist Includes:
- The administrator can put a Wishlist shortcode here.
- Enables you to choose the page on which you want to display a wishlist.
- Enables/disables the wishlist functionalities for users who are not logged in.
- You can enable or disable the wishlist for unlogged users.
- Enables users to edit wishlists, add and remove products, and give them a new name.
As you probably know, there are a ton of “hooks” to customize almost everything in your Woocommerce store.
The problem is that you have to master the PHP language. This is where the WooCommerce Customizer plugin comes in!
It will allow you to access all the advanced customization features without having to get your hands dirty.
This free plugin provides a settings page where you can add your customizations and save them without needing to write code or modify templates, which is useful for quickly testing changes.
Features That WooCommerce Customizer Includes:
- “Add to cart” button
- Number of products displayed per page
- Text of the “Product Description” and “Additional Information” tabs.
- Checkout page login text
- “Create an account” from the payment page
- “Submit order” button on the checkout page
Another powerful argument for choosing beginner users is the WooCommerce Stripe Payment Gateway’s simple setup process.
How to miss the most popular payment solution of the moment? Stripe for WooCommerce is the plugin that we advise you to use (rather than the one offered by Woocommerce).
It allows you to link your Stripe account and your online sales site to offer different payment solutions to your customers.
Choose this product if you want something exceptional yet approachable, cutting-edge yet practical, and most importantly, free.
If this plugin is enabled on your website, you may accept payments from consumers using different cards like Apple Pay and Alipay.
There is a premium alternative as well, where you may access even more intriguing features. Some of the advantages available solely to paying subscribers are the refund facility, currency conversion, and saving cards.
Features That Stripe For WooCommerce Includes:
- Powerful payment options
- Advanced fraud protection
- An SCA-ready solution
- Discover, JCB, Diners Club, Sofort, iDeal, Giropay, Alipay
- Apple Pay, Google Pay, Microsoft Pay
#7: Tidio Live Chat
WP Live Chat plugin for WordPress – Tidio is a plugin that allows you to add a LiveChat to your site in order to communicate live with your customers.
Today, offering this kind of service is a considerable asset for a business. This allows you to have a direct relationship with your customers and to be able to meet their expectations.
The Tidio plugin offers a 14-day trial in the premium version then if you refuse to continue you downgrade to a basic and free version that should meet most needs.
Features That Tidio Live Chat Includes:
- Unlimited chats
- Up to 3 chat operators
- 500 emails/month
- 100 monthly uses of the chatbot function
- Visitor Information
Advanced Woo Search is a plugin that improves the user experience by offering an advanced and efficient search function.
You can customize the behavior of the search bar, decide whether to search only in products or also in categories, etc.
This free plugin gives the results dynamically by directly displaying the image and details of the product sought.
Features That Advanced Woo Search Includes:
- Search across all your WooCommerce products, product categories, and tags
- Search by product title, content, excerpt, categories, tags, ID
- Shortcode and widget to show search box anywhere
- The result contains an image and the price of the product
- Results sorted by relevance
- Automatic synchronization of all product data.
- Support for plurals, synonyms, accentuation
- Google Analytics support
- Support WPML, Polylang, WooCommerce Multilingual, qTranslate
Pre Orders for Woocommerce is a new free plugin that allows you to set up a presale system on your online store.
In a simple and intuitive way, you can transform the “Add to cart” button into “Buy in presale” and notify your customers of the date on which the product will be sent to them for delivery.
A good way to create promotional operations on specific products or to finance the creation of one of your products through pre-ordering.
Features That Pre Orders For WooCommerce Includes:
- Create a “pre-order” status for the products of your choice.
- Customize add-to-cart button text for pre-orders
- Create an expiration date for presale periods.
- Manage all pre-orders through a dedicated section.
- Filter the products ordered during the “pre-order” phase.
- Automatically transform products that are out of stock into pre-orders.
- Make products available automatically as soon as the presale period ends.
- Notify all customers who have pre-ordered a product
In the series of plugins to manage shipments, the Advanced Shipment Tracking for WooCommerce plugin is certainly a must.
This free plugin provides a way to add shipping tracking information to received orders. So your customers can easily track their orders.
Features That Advanced Shipment Tracking For WooCommerce Includes
- Add tracking information to orders
- Customize the display of tracking in order emails
- List of over 250 shipping service providers
- Custom Shipping Service Providers
- Custom Order Statuses
- Compatible with many plugins and shipping service providers
- Compatible with many shipping label plugins.
Wrapping It Up
You can see that it is not always essential to spend hundreds of dollars to provide your consumers with an online store or services.
It is already possible to do a lot with free WooCommerce plugins that allow you to have a functional and practical e-commerce site both for your customers, but also for you on the administrative side.
But one thing is almost certain, with the thousands of existing plugins for WooCommerce, you will surely find what you are looking for!